Keystone Community Resources, Inc. is committed to utilizing best practices approaches in supporting challenging behaviors. The agency has had numerous successes in preventing and reducing challenging behaviors including approaching each individual from a person-centered perspective.
By meeting people where they are, finding and developing strengths, and including individuals in the planning process, challenging behaviors are reduced. We remain flexible to explore new ideas and approaches to working with challenging behaviors and emphasize the importance of staff training and development in the process. Direct service and management level staff receive diverse and comprehensive training curricula to support behaviors. Training topics address sensitivity to individual needs, applying positive interaction strategies and crisis management.
Our clinical team is comprised of the following professionals:
Psychiatric Consultation by board certified psychiatrists. This includes reviews for medication and comprehensive evaluations which include diagnostics and treatment recommendations.
Licensed Psychologists provide integrated psychological reports which include assessment of IQ and cognitive functioning, academic performance skills, the existence of mental health problems and the assessment of maladaptive behavior.
Psychotherapists provide individual and/or group psychotherapy/counseling on a weekly basis. They work as a consultant with psychiatrists and lead the clinical treatment team. They also provide consultation to residential and other support staff.
Behavior Specialists are experienced staff who have done hands on work with persons with challenging behaviors and they are consultants to the treatment team and front line staff. They also develop individual behavior plans and assessments as well as provide crisis management.
Clinical Services include
The treatment, by psychological means, of the problem of an emotional nature in which a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist to alleviate or ameliorate the emotional distress disturbances, reverse or change maladaptive patterns of behavioral challenges, and promote positive personality growth and development. Therapy may take the form of individual therapy or in a group setting.
This is a service that includes functional assessment; the development of strategies to support the individual based upon assessment; and the provision of training to individuals, staff, parents and caretakers. Services must be required to meet the current needs of the individual, as documented and authorized in the ISP and include:
- Collection and evaluation of behavioral data;
- Observation of the participant in various settings for the purpose of developing a behavior support plan;
- Collaboration with the participant, their family, and their team for the purpose of developing a behavior support plan
- Conducting comprehensive functional assessments of presenting issues
- Development and maintenance of behavior support plans, which utilize positive strategies to support the participant, based on functional behavioral assessments;
- Conducting training related to the implementation of behavior support plans for the participant, family members, and staff;
- Implementation of activities and strategies identified in the participant’s behavior support plan;
- Monitoring implementation of the behavior support plan, and revising as needed;
- Collaboration with the participant, their family, and their team in order to develop positive interventions to address specific presenting issues
- Completion of required paperwork related to data collection, progress reporting and development of annual planning material.
Services may be provided at our office, in the individual’s home, the location of other authorized services, or in local public community environments necessary for the provision of the Behavioral Support Services.
Autism Evaluation Clinic
A comprehensive, multi-disciplinary assessment program to assess Autism Spectrum Disorders and other Developmental Disabilities, serving individuals from toddler age through adult. Features of this assessment include:
- Psychological Assessment
- Neuropsychological Assessment
- Developmental Assessment
- Sensory Integration Assessment
- Speech and Language Assessment
Download our Clinical Services Brochure
Keystone Community Resources, Inc. • 100 Abington Executive Park, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 • Phone: 570-702-8000 Fax: 570-702-8093
Copyright © 2008 Keystone Community Resources, Inc. - All rights reserved
Site Map | Home | Questions about this web site, contact webmaster