The vision of Keystone Community Resources, Inc. was to create an environment in the community that would allow individuals to grow to their fullest potentials. Keystone has provided to this need for the past 4 decades.
One aspect of this program is the vocational program/day services which have expanded to incorporate the following services: day activities, pre-employment, vocational training and community placements.
These programs are fully licensed under the following:
- Employment/Vocational services – Department of Public Welfare 2390 regulations.
- Day Activities services – Department of Public Welfare 2380 regulations.
- Both also include the Federal Wage and Hour Certificate for Community Rehabilitation Programs (Chapter 29 CFR Part 25)
Programs offered include:
- Pre-employment and Vocational Training: Where individuals learn skills necessary for the work environment prior to placement in a work area or job.
- Assembly and Packaging: This program was developed to provide individuals with realistic and meaningful work experiences such as those that would be found in a factory.
- Supported Employment: Provided to individuals who have a desire and ability to work in a competitive job. Workers are carefully screened and assessed for compatibility in a particular field. A job coach is provided to assist the employer in training the worker. Support services are available throughout the term of employment.
- Day Activities: Activities of daily living, recreation and leisure skills are emphasized for those who choose not to become employed or who need enhanced daily life skills to motivate their movement toward independence.
- Leisure Program: A wide array of leisure programs are available for those individuals who are employed in the evenings or who work part time.
Individuals are assessed prior to admission via personal interview, record review and tour of the facilities. During that time, information is gathered through questions, solicitation of goals and past achievements as appropriate. Family members and/or significant others are also brought into this process for information sharing particularly if the individual needs assistance to communicate their wants and needs.
Based on the interdisciplinary team of medical, clinical, vocational, support personnel and the individual, the placement will occur. This placement will be directly related to maximize the choice and goal attainment of the individual. Review of the placement and success is monitored monthly, quarterly and annually. The individual also at any time can secure movement from one program level to the next through skill development based on the goals that they have agreed to and work each day to attain.
Download an application
Download a program brochure
If you do not already have Acrobat Reader, you can download your free copy at the Adobe.com web site by clicking the icon below.
Keystone Community Resources, Inc. • 100 Abington Executive Park, Clarks Summit, PA 18411 • Phone: 570-702-8000 Fax: 570-702-8093
Copyright © 2008 Keystone Community Resources, Inc. - All rights reserved
Site Map | Home | Questions about this web site, contact webmaster